35 years ago, At-Home Professions pioneered the distance-education model for new career training.
Our goal: At-Home Professions was founded in 1981 with a goal to make education and a professional career attainable—anytime, anywhere.
It worked: At-Home Professions grew quickly after it was founded. We continued to expand and help more students reach their career goals.
Building trust with quality education: In 2004, the school took a huge step forward and gained accreditation from the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency for distance learning schools.
Today, At-Home Professions is still growing and adapting to meet the needs of adults seeking professional careers. We offer high-quality healthcare certificates that provide a foundation of knowledge for students to train for a professional career in the healthcare industry.
We're here for you: Our focus remains on our students every day. We continue to build on our history to bring you the very best distance education training. We are here to help you reach your goals for a healthcare career and a successful future.
At-Home Professions' mission is to offer high quality and excellent value in distance learning. AHP is committed to training people through career-oriented courses that provide well-developed, step-by-step theoretical and hands-on skill training. Our administration, faculty and staff are dedicated to supporting our students through exceptional service.
Our Guiding Principles
Our Guiding Principles establishes a set of essential considerations that guide our school and employees in their daily work and decision making.
- The decision or action is fair to our students and our employees.
- We would be proud to have a friend or family member as one of our students.
- We will exceed our students' expectations.
- The decision or action keeps us focused on what we do best.
- We have the resources, or have a way to obtain them, for the project.
- The decision or action can be researched, tested, verified and/or quantified.
- We can do it as well, if not better than, our competitors.
- This decision moves us toward our profit goals without compromising our service.
- We have taken into consideration the effect of this decision on our employees.
- We Teach People to Change Their Lives.